Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rapid-Fire Book Club, Save The Store Edition

One of my local bookstores, Book World- or 'Watertown Booksellers', if you go by the big sign out front- is slated to shut down on the 25th. This is apparently the decision of a guy in the Appleton home office, VP of Store Operations Antoine Tines. When I went in today to kill off a gift certificate I got for Christmas, I was handed his contact information, in hopes of making him reconsider.

If you live in the area and you'd like to help- and I'd appreciate it if you did; Watertown is a literary wasteland in its absence- his e-mail is atines@bookworldstores.com, the phone number is (920) 830-7897, the fax- people still send faxes?- is (920) 830-3857, and the address to write in is:

Book World Home Office
1000 S. Lynndale Dr.
Appleton, WI 54914

That done, in addition to a commemorative Super Bowl Champion Packers Sports Illustrated, we have:

*2011 World Almanac (replaces the 2008 edition currently on my shelf)
*Simmons, Bill- The Book of Basketball (yep, this is his reader)

No comments: