Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Words! In Verbal Form!

I have come into possession, via a method known in mysterious circles as "purchasing", of a webcam. Specifically, a Logitech HD Webcam C310H. I got it for the purpose of making the occasional post by, well, webcam. Pop it here, pop it up on Youtube, see what comes of it. As a plus, you'll get to see my beautiful visage.

You'll also see my face. Not quite as nice as the visage, but you work with what you got.

Just one issue: my experience with webcams or any sort of video recording is precisely squat. No clue what I'm doing whatsoever. (That's another reason for getting it; to get some experience doing video stuff.) So at least at the start, expect the video entries (I refuse to use the word 'vlog' because it is the worst word ever) to be pretty technically rough, at least at first.

In fact, what I'm most likely to do is make the first entry a reprint of an earlier entry, basically a 'best of', as most of my energy is going to be placed into learning what exactly it is I need to do to make sure I don't do anything that will land me a Tosh.0 web redemption. Once that's covered, we'll get into making new pieces for video, maybe the odd further 'best of' if I feel like it. For now, though, baby steps.

So just a heads-up on that.

No comments: