Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just A Heads-Up

On Wednesday, Wikipedia, Reddit, BoingBoing, Scribd, and the Cheezburger network of sites, among others, will be going dark for the day as a measure of protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act, currently pending in the House of Representatives, and its Senate counterpart, the Protect IP Act.

I'd go dark here too, except I'm not too good at coding and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get this place up and running again afterwards. What I can do, though, is this.

A) There will be no article posted here tomorrow.
B) I'm tacking on a little widget that's going to appear in the top-right corner of your screen when you come here until SOPA and PIPA are declared dead. If you have a Blogger account and want the widget as well, go here; I saw no widget that will allow for a blackout. If you're on WordPress and want to join the blackout, well, you DO have some temporary-shutdown widgets available to you, so go here for instructions.

If you're annoyed by all this blacking out... well, yeah. Of course you're annoyed. That's the point.

No comments: