Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rapid-Fire Book Club, Recalculating Edition

Haven't added to the book club for a while, because of the little thing about me trying to write one and having to go through the soccer books I have on hand instead of reading anything new.

But I did find time to pick up one. I actually had to pick between two: Maphead: Charting The Wide, Weird World Of Geography Wonks by Ken Jennings (who you'll recall as the guy who rattled off that beyond-insane Jeopardy winning streak), or Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest For Bodily Perfection by A.J. Jacobs (who has three books on my shelf already in which he reads the encyclopedia front-to-back, lives for a year according to a literal interpretation of the Bible, and performs a mish-mash of other assorted experiments).

I went with Maphead. Drop Dead Healthy will probably be the book showing up in my house next.

After I'm done writing mine, that is.

No comments: