Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shut It Down Some More

It appears I have an obsession. A year minus a week ago, I posted an article that was, in essence, a compilation of as many instances as I could find of TV stations making the switch from analog to digital. What I was interested in was the very last piece of footage they ran before shutting off the signal. I had a lot of fun with it.

The problem is I never quite stopped having fun with it. I posted it, and usually I just go on from there, but on this particular occasion, I just kept coming back over the weeks and months, adding station after station after station.

It's a year later. I am still- STILL- adding stations, and I guess that might not entirely be a bad thing, as since the original posting, more places have made the switch, giving me more footage to add, chiefly from Japan and Australia. So I guess all I can do is re-link the article now, as there's significantly more there than there was at the beginning.

Maybe now I'm done with this.

No comments: