Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Cup Commences

I believe.

I believe that.

I believe that we.

I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win.

Yes, it's that time again. Brazil and Croatia are officially just hours away from kicking off the World Cup and all of the social protests related to it, which I'm sure we'll be seeing as the tournament progresses, especially should Brazil get eliminated at some point before the final. So to get those interested in the actual soccer pumped up, I went and found a video of what the creator believes to be the top 100 World Cup goals from the first tournament in 1930 (though really since 1954, the earliest tournament included in the countdown; odds are he just didn't have video from anything earlier) up to 2002. (As for 2006 and 2010, all the goals for those Cups can be found at their respective links.)

Good luck to everyone. Especially the people of Brazil who aren't soccer fans, or at least aren't World Cup 2014 fans.

No comments: