Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vote, Scotland

I usually only do this for election days relevant to Wisconsin, but I'm going to make an exception. Scotland, I know you're well aware of the stakes in your independence referendum today. I know that you're aware that this is literally the most important thing you will ever vote on in your entire life. I am also going to decline to take a side in your vote. It's your home, it's your call.

But I do notice that the turnout in Scotland has gotten down to US levels since the millennium. That's not good. So let me just give you whatever little nudge I can give to you to get to the polls. I know the vote's gotten uncomfortably close for all involved and the polls may be a bit off. It may not come down to a single vote, that old chestnut of democracy, but it's not going to be a blowout. Your side needs you at the polls today. Get the hell out there and take your future in your own hands. This is a one-shot deal. Now or never. You don't get to reverse the decision in a couple years.

Get out of the house and move. Your. Asses.

No comments: