Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

How Do I Hold The Slide Rule Up To The Monitor?

I hope you're aware enough to be able to question the veracity of the occasional viral video that comes along. Someone does something completely crazy for the camera and you wonder whether it's real or not. Of course, when you do that, it's probably a simple approach. You probably discard a video by saying something like 'Oh come on now.' The sniff test, basically.

Rhett Allain of Wired, though, has a slightly more complicated approach. An approach that, according to him, he gave a lecture at Vanderbilt about, so you can tell right there that you are not getting out of this without a slightly sprained cranium.

I'd be a little longer about this, but I have some soccer-podcast setup talk to go over. So it's just a quickie today. (Setup has gone a teeeeeensy bit longer than I anticipated.)

No comments: